Saturday 18 August 2012

July 'In the Spotlight' winners


Good Morning everybody, the weeks seem to be flying by and already it's time to announce the two talented crafters selected from our July challenge enetries who have made it into our 'In the Spotlight' feature. So without further ado, I am very please to introduce Christa and Lena Katrine

Links removed to comply with GDPR

Christa
Lovely components which all work so well together, beautiful soft colour palette

Here is what Christa had written about her crafting journey:

Before I start to introduce myself I want to say a big THANK YOU to the designteam for choosing me for your spotlight-winner. I feel really honoured and it means a lot to me. 

I live in Holland , I’m 48 years young and I started scrapbooking in 2005. Only a couple of years ago I discovered the card-making with stamps.  First I used Magnolia’s , but now I am trying different brands. At the moment I love to colour with my distress-ink-refill’s. I don’t know how to describe my style of cardmaking ….

I like vintage a lot , my colours are never too bright and my cards always seem to be too small for everything I want to put on it. Since I have started my blog I have met so many lovely scrapfriends. It is such a great hobby ! I wouldn't know what to do without it ….

Love from Holland , Christa.

Lena Katrine
A stunning creation with gorgeous flowers and dies, fabulous colours and 
matches the theme perfectly.

And from Lena Katrine:

I've always been doing all sorts of crafting, and I still love knitting and crotetching once in a while, but started paper crafting in the year of 2006 and got hooked! When I started blogging in 2008, my love for paper crafting really hit the roof!

There's so many talented crafters/artists out there, and they're all giving me lots of inspiration, along with so many other things around me. I love the smell of rubber stamps and papers, the beauty in pretty embellishments like flowers, pearls, lace and ribbon, and the relaxing and fun feeling of creating something new and unique.

I love colouring images with promarkers, prismacolors and distress ink, and so bringing the caracters in to life. I love trying out new foldings, technics and items, and I'm always trying to develope myself as a crafter.

Thank you so much for the space in your spot light!

Congratulations to both, please go pick up your 'In the spotlight' sidebar button and display on your blog with pride, it's well-deserved.

If you've not already entered this month's challenge or want to add another entry, remember you can enter up to 3 times, then you still have plenty of time to do so.


5 comments:

Jane said...

What lovely work ladies, thanks for sharing.Thanks for the reminder Brenda for this month's challenge. I nearly missed it! I have now joined in the fun. Enjoy the sunshine today,
Jane x

susiestacey said...

Well done ladies, both pieces are delightful and it is lovely to hear your crafting stories too x Susan x

Ellibelle said...

Congrats to both of you for being in the spotlight! Well deserved! Thanks for sharing your crafting stories.

Anonymous said...

these are both gorgeous and full of beautiful details - congratulations for being in the spotlight!
linda

Rajasthan Travel Packages said...

thx for that interesting one. Defenetly also worth a
look: